- May 4, 2019
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Total spaces remaining: 18
Event Phone: 714-514-5548
In our effort to educate the community, CPR it Works, LLC is offering our free Community CPR AED Basics Training to anyone interested. The class will be instructed by a local firefighter/paramedic and AHA Instructors from the CPR it Works, staff. This class is appropriate for anyone over the age of 7 years old. This might be the best 2 hours you have ever spent…and its FREE! An experience you don’t want to miss!
Over the course of two hours you will learn:
- Immediate Recognition of cardiac arrest
- Importance of early ACTIVATION of 9-1-1
- Hear a Survivor Story
- Early Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) with an emphasis on CHEST COMPRESSIONS
- Familiarization with an AUTOMATED EXTERNAL DEFIBRILLATOR (AED) and the need for rapid defibrillation
- Understand answers to most frequently asked questions, egs, Good Samaritan Laws, will I break ribs, what if I hurt them more?, how will I know they need CPR?, etc.
- And lastly, how to respond to a Choking Victim
Although American Heart Association materials are utilized in the training, this is not an AHA certification class. If you are more interested in certification, please check our upcoming events for class options with AHA certification.
Registration is Required – Seating is Limited. We are looking into providing childcare for ages 4-6. To be confirmed at a later date.
Register below to confirm your attendance. If you are registered and unable to attend, please give us a 48 hour notice in order to open up your space for someone else. Contact: 714-514-5548 Thank you!
Friends Community Church Brea
620 W Lambert Rd, Brea, CA 92821