- Prevent Death in Youth from Sudden Cardiac Arrest
March 5, 2020
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Total spaces remaining: 87
Parent Heart Watch, CPR it Works, LLC, St. Jude Medical Center and CHOC invite you to this free life saving event. Event taught by Medical Professional from St. Judes Hospital, CHOC Cardiology, Pre-Screening Educators, Families personally impacted, and more….
Food donated by Bristol Farms, Stonefire Grill, and Subway. Many Raffle tickets donated by area businesse
Program Agenda Includes:
- How to recognize symptoms in youth that could lead to sudden cardiac death? What are they and what should you do?
- Considerations when filling out pre-sports physical forms…don’t just check the box
- Learn about pre-screening options from an area expert recently featured in People Magazine.
- Learn what a Cardiac Emergency Response Plan is and how it has been effective in saving lives in youth at schools
- Join us in a memorial to the children who tragically lost lives to Sudden Cardiac Arrest. Hear from their parent on what you can do to prevent it from happening to your child.
- Learn about new findings in recognizing Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Athletes and in Sports
- Watch a live Mock demonstration of a Sudden Cardiac Arrest Victim that will be performed by Police, Fire, and Bystanders.
- Get a short hands on practice opportunity in CPR and use an Automated External Defibrillator
Receive a coupon for attending this event to attend an American Heart Association CPR Certification for $27. The course will be 2-hours instead of 4 hours for those that attended this event.
Many resources will be available to you, literature, and more!
This will be the best 2-1./2 hour spent if you are a parent, teacher, athletic coach, school staff, band, and ROTC.